A look at Adolf’s epic pool – 1977 – 2015
Originally posted on Blue Tile Obsession:
Over thirty five years have gone by since Shogo Kubo, Brian Clark, Jay Adams, Mike Szeliga, Craig Clark and Darren Ho were captured by Glen E. Friedman at Adolph’s Pool in Holmby Hills, California. Adolph’s pool was also known as Westlake by some skateboarders in the late 1970’s. It was located near a school of the same name. Last Saturday morning, I was up early and drinking coffee. I had decided to go to a meeting on the beach at Gladstones. I was cruising along Sunset Boulevard. The road twists and turns on itself. There was minimal traffic. I passed through the flats. I saw North Maple Drive. I passed Rodeo Drive. Huge estates marched up into the hillsides. The morning sun glimmered through the heavy green screen of trees. Black wrought iron fences were lost amid a tangle of vines. Security…
View original 422 more words
- Pro Skateboarder Julz Lynn Making Noise In 2015
- Remembering Jay Adams, R.I.P.
- Get The STAMINA ZINE Here Using Mailing Order!
- New Santa Cruz Beer!
- Classic Crap, The Z-Roller Advert!
- Get Your STAMINA Zine Copy Today!
- Halloween Is Punk Rock Pumpkin Season Here!
- RKL Rags To Riches – Full Album!
- Happy Thrasher Halloween!